looking to publishing to more platforms.

Some of the advantages of using something like construct 2 is just how many platforms you can port your games too, there are various services and tools to port construct 2 games to many many different platforms including built in features in construct 2. I have already taken advantage of cocoonjs, windows 8 store, chrome web store, scirra arcade, kongregate, and Node-webkit.

Facebook, a possible future:

I have no experience what so ever with publishing games to facebook. I do not know the requirements, but I am thinking of publishing to it once I find a means of which I can get income off of it. I need to do a lot more research before I say yes or no to it, unlike in the past where I spent so much time just jumping into a platform to publish too.

Ubuntu store:

With the node-webkit export you get a linux build, I have tested it in linux and it works meh... I really want to find a way to put my construct 2 games on the ubuntu software center but I know this is a far fetch stretch of a goal to even get it anywhere near that level.

Chrome web store :

I have had a good experience with putting games on the chrome web store, it is easy and simple to do with very little time worrying about details for publishing. It does lack a few things here and there but its simple enough. 

The problem platforms:

CocoonJS and its problems: 

I mostly have used cocoonjs to port to google play, amazon, and ouya but it is becoming more and more clear that that construct 2 to cocoonjs to other platforms is really having problems. With the ouya port option it really isn't even functional enough to publish a game without glitches or bugs. Not saying I am stoping work on the ouya version just pointing out the obvious. ludei is a pain to contact, everytime I do I have to get some other third party involved for them to respond, like the ouya team. The other issue I find with cocoonjs is even their IAP system doesn't work.  It is to a point where it is almost unuseable with construct 2 projects causing performance issues, flickering, uncontrolled issues and problems because of the lack of support. I understand cocoonjs is free and all but I really don't see it going anywhere as all it claims to do is offer more and more support for more platforms rather than fixing the real problems that prevent people from publishing to those platforms.


So right now I am looking for something other than cocoonjs to publish to the ouya & android. Construct 2 added a few more options I should check out, but I know the ouya team is working with a few people in getting a better way to their platform as well though.

Windows 8 and its problems:


Windows 8 store I have published to before, but that was due to my school getting access to give us access to publishing our own content. The major problem with it and the reason I havn't updated it since is it is hostile to developers. It requires constantly credit card information claiming it is for security when it places the security of the developers at risk, and has a monthly fee on top of a huge sales percentage goes to Microsoft unless you pull in X amount of money every month. Meaning what little money you make will be dumped back into paying fees to be able to publish. Which is why I have stopped all together updating this version of the game, I really can't update it either.

Amazon and its problems:

I have put my games up on to amazon before, but as soon as the money came in they closed my payments account to prevent me from receiving said money in which they were still charging the users for. Meaning the transaction would have gone straight to Amazons bank account. They refused to tell me why they closed the account and they refused to help me, threatening me and restricting my already existing developer account and user account preventing me from doing certain things just because someone got a kick out of abusing me. Amazon screw you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Itcho.io Source Project Price Drop

Upgrades working on CHALLENGE MODE ONLY